Children of New Mexico Tech students and employees as well as children of community
members are eligible to enroll in our programs. As an opening becomes available, priority
will first be given to New Mexico Tech students, then to employees of New Mexico Tech, and
finally to community members. We accept children and families receiving CYFD assistance. Attendance begins and/or continues as long as you and/or
your child meet the following requirements:
- You have submitted a completed application packet and paid the non-refundable
- You have been interviewed and understand the program goals.
- Your child meets the age requirements.
- Your childs immunizations are current and records have been submitted or you have
a Certificate of Exemption on file.
- She/he can age-appropriately control her/his actions and does not exhibit behavior that
could be dangerous to herself/himself, other children, or Childrens Center
- You have read the Family Handbook and agree in writing to comply with the policies and
procedures outlined therein.
Description of Fees
Tuition and Modification Conditions
- Rates are subject to change, as conditions require. Families will receive as much
advance notice as possible.
- No allowances are made for absences, vacations, New Mexico Tech holidays, and Winter
Break. Families are responsible for full tuition payments even when their child/children
do not attend.
Registration and Re-enrollment Fees
- A one-time nonrefundable Registration Fee of $20.00 per child is required to enroll you
- An annual nonrefundable re-enrollment fee of $15.00 per child is required to continue
your childs enrollment each year. This fee is due on your enrollment anniversary.
Charges for Late Pick-up
The Childrens Center closes at 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. If your child
remains past the scheduled closing time, you will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per
Parent/Guardian Financial Responsibility
Payment of Tuition
- Tuition is due and payable in advance. Tuition is due on or before the 10th
of each month, unless other arrangements are made and approved by the Childrens
Center manager. If payment-in-full is not received by that day, a late payment fee of one
dollar ($1.00) per day will be billed. If the account is 30 days past due, your
child/children may be withdrawn.
- A processing fee of $25.00 will be added to an account for any returned check. If more
than two checks are returned within a year for insufficient funds, you will be required to
pay in cash at the cashiers window in Brown Hall or by money order at the
Discounts apply to the lowest rate.
Each additional child
10% discount of full-rate
To qualify for a student discount, one parent/guardian must currently be enrolled as a
full-time student at New Mexico Tech. The parent/guardian is required to submit a copy of
their current class registration.
If you are a full-time student at New Mexico Tech, you may qualify for childcare
assistance through the Financial Aid office. We also accept children of participants in
the New Mexico State Children, Youth, and Families Department childcare assistance
Attendance and Visitors
We require that parents/guardians call the Early Childhood Program (835-5240) when your
child/children will not be attending due to illness, change in schedule, or other reasons.
No allowances are made for absences. Refunds, credit, or make-up days cannot be granted.